The Akasaka 9 Chome North District Redevelopment is scheduled to begin construction in October 2014 with completion in March 2017. The project will include a 44-storey 170m tall residential building with 330 apartments.
The developer is Mitsui Fudosan Residential, so if this becomes a condominium (rather than a rental-only building) then it could possibly be branded as one of their ‘Park Court’ series of apartments.
This will be the closest high-rise residential tower to Tokyo Midtown. While there are apartments in the Tokyo Midtown Residence, they are only available for rent and cannot be purchased.
Apartments this close to Midtown and Hinokicho Park are priced at a premium. In Park Mansion Roppongi (2009) they currently range from 1.9 ~ 2.5 million Yen/sqm, but in the previous peak in 2007 they were listed by the developer for 3.8 million Yen/sqm. Apartments in Proud Akasaka Hikawacho (2007) are around 2,000,000 Yen/sqm. However, these two examples are both in low-rise buildings with a small number of units.
The site currently includes a kindergarten, playground and a small enclave of densely packed houses.
The total project cost is estimated to be 20.8 billion Yen.
Other high-rise buildings in the area:
- Tokyo Midtown: 248m, 54 floors
- Roppongi Hills Mori Tower – 238m, 54 floors
- Ark Hills Sengokuyama Mori Tower – 206m, 47 floors
- Park Axis Aoyama 1 Chome The Tower – 172m, 46 floors
- Akasaka Tower Residence Top of the Hill: 159m, 45 floors
- The Roppongi Tokyo Club Residence: 150m, 39 floors
- Park Court Akasaka The Tower – 157m, 43 floors
- Roppongi Hills Residence B Tower – 156m, 43 floors
Source: Minato City Homepage