The following is a selection of apartments that were sold in central Tokyo during the month of July 2015:
|(USD/sq ft)||Days Listed||Discount|
|The Roppongi Tokyo (2011)|
This is now the highest recorded sale price in this building on a per square meter basis (the previous record was set in May with the sale of a similar apartment). In early 2014, the same type of apartment on a higher floor sold for 1,877,000 Yen/sqm, indicating an appreciation of around 19%. In 2013, the average resale price in this building was around 1,435,000 Yen/sqm. Over the past two years, average prices have increased by around 56%.
|Park Court Sanbancho (2004)|
With just 15 apartments in this building, they are tightly held and there have been very few recorded re-sales. This apartment sold for around 7% higher than an apartment on a lower floor sold for in 2011, although given shifts in the market, this does not represent a fairly large change in value. This building appears to have been less prone to wild fluctuation in market prices. It is 80 meters from the Chidorigafuchi moat on the west side of the Imperial Palace.
|The Residence Mita (2014)|
This apartment was on the second highest floor in the building. When new, apartments on the upper floors were priced up to 1,800,000 Yen/sqm. Apartments on lower floors (below level 10) have been re-selling for around 1,400,000 Yen/sqm. The building was completed in November 2014, and all new apartments had sold out by March 2014 – 8 months prior to completion.
|Park Court Roppongi Hilltop (2012)|
This has been the highest recorded sale price on a price per square meter basis in this building to date. It is up around 34% from the first half of 2014. When new, apartments had an average price of around 1,400,000 Yen/sqm.
|Park Court Takanawa Hilltop (2008)|
This is a 10-storey building near Sengakuji Station in Takanawa. This has been the highest recorded sale price per square meter to date in this building and is approximately 37% higher than prices in 2013. Prices between 2009 ~ 2013 hovered around 1,150,000 Yen/sqm. Current listings on lower floors in this building are around 1,250,000 Yen/sqm.
|City Tower Azabu Juban (2009)|
One of the two high-rise condominiums located on the eastern side of Azabu Juban Station. This apartment sold for around 51% higher than a similar apartment sold for in early 2013. In the first half of 2014, average re-sale prices were around 1,430,000 Yen/sqm. In the second half of 2014 they had increased to 1,700,000 Yen/sqm. In the first half of 2015, they had increased again to 1,820,000 Yen/sqm.
|Park Court Toranomon Atago Tower (2008)|
Although recent prices have increased by 18% since 2014, this is currently one of the last high-rise apartment towers in central Tokyo that still offers some comparatively well-priced apartments, although those opportunities are quickly being snapped up. It is less than 400 meters south of Toranomon Hills, where apartments are priced around 4,000,000 Yen/sqm.
|The San Maison Jingumae 4 Chome Eldo (2012)|
Located in an enviable position just 6 minutes walk from Omotesando Station. This apartment has been the highest resale on a per square basis in the building and was under contract within days of being listed. It sold for about 9% higher than the same type of apartment on a lower floor sold for just 4 months ago, and 18% higher than a similarly sized apartment sold for in January 2015.
About the data:
- The data is based on information supplied to REINS by agents.
- This information is voluntarily provided, and not all transactions are recorded.
- Show Foto cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.
- The discount, for example, is based on the last advertised listing price at the time of sale, rather than the original list price.
- Some listings are constantly updated, so the days listed between listing on REINS and final sale may not be accurate. The days listed is also based on the day that the agent registered the property as being sold, which is sometimes done on the day of the contract signing, settlement or even later if the agent forgets to update the listing.
- Not every sale is reported above.
- Price per square meter or per square foot is calculated based on apartment’s internal floor area and does not include balconies, car parks or common areas.
- Exchange rate is at the time of publishing the article and is subject to change (1 USD: 123.92 Yen).
68 total views, 6 views today