According to Tokyo Kantei the average asking price of a 70 sqm (753 sq ft) apartment across greater Tokyo was 36,210,000 Yen in November, up 1.1% from the previous month and up 2.1% from last year. The average building age was 23.1 years.
In Tokyo’s 23 wards the average asking price was 53,320,000 Yen, up 0.8% from the previous month and up 1.0% from last year. The average building age was 22.7 years.
In Tokyo’s central six wards (Chiyoda, Chuo, Minato, Shinjuku, Bunkyo and Shibuya) the average asking price was 73,640,000 Yen, up 0.5% from the previous month and up 1.3% from last year. The average building age was 20.9 years.
About the data:
- Tokyo central 6 wards: Chiyoda, Chuo, Minato, Shinjuku, Bunkyo, Shibuya.
- Jyonan, Jyosai 6 wards: Shinagawa, Meguro, Ota, Setagaya, Nakano, Suginami.
- Jyohoku, Jyoto 11 wards: All other wards in Tokyo.
- Osaka central 6 wards: Fukushima, Nishi, Tennoji, Naniwa, Kita, Chuo.
- Nagoya central 3 wards: Naka, Higashi, Chikusa.
The data above is based on advertised prices which may be higher than actual prices after negotiations. Click here to read the REINS report about actual sale prices in November.
Source: Tokyo Kantei, December 21, 2017.